Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 09, 2006

How I met Bruno

It was a day like any other day that I met the man that changed my life.
I was working in a decorating firm and at the same time in a restaurant called Mise en Scene.
One day we had problems with the computer and my boss said call the computer guy, his name is Bruno and his phone number is..., he will fix the problem.
So my colleague called him and asked him to came and fix our computers. He arrived early in the morning with a big smile and a smart ass attitude like he knew it all.
Well, what he didn’t know was that since he came in until he left he flirted with me: funny jokes, hidden looks, his eyes told me everything :).
As he was talking with me he says you know what would you like to have lunch with me?
At that time I thought: no I do not want anything to do with a work colleague and I told him no, it wasn’t a good idea. Then he had that sad pappy look that made me later change my mind.
We had lunch in a very nice restaurant. He made the typical questions: how long have you been in Portugal? How do you say thank you in Romanian, etc. The same questions everybody asks. I think I scared him because I said I will not teach him how to say anything in Romanian because he will not remember.
It was a regular date but I knew that I would see him again.
The next day i was still sleeping when I received a sms saying good morning in Romanian in the beginning I thought that it was my sister but it was the Portuguese guy I had lunch with the day before, it was a nice way to begin the day.

It all happened very fast. I never wanted to get married, and I use to say to my dad I will never get married, will never fall in love I am not interested.

Had to take back those words, because little by little, day by day, I felled more and more in love with him until one day I was certain that he was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life, to be the father of my children, to be by my side.

He makes me laugh, he is always there when I need someone to talk to, he is my best friend, my lover, my everything…

I never had someone like him in my life and I am greatfull that we found eachother.

No comments: