Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The beginning of our great adventure!!!

After we got married we decided to leave Portugal, Bruno did the research and Denmark was the chosen country to begin our new life.

The tragedy was when I gave the news to my parents. They came to Portugal to be with me and also to improve their lives and now I was leaving to a distant country...

It took my mum quite a while to get used to the idea but she did. We are very close so it was a big change for me but it wasn’t the first time and now I wasn’t alone anymore.

We said our goodbyes and left for Denmark. Many people told us that it would be difficult because in Denmark things are very different and that Copenhagen was one of the most expensive towns, that it would be difficult to find jobs…..that it was a crazy idea. I guess we are both a little bit crazy :): a Romanian marries a Portuguese and goes to live in Denmark.

I slept a lot because the highway is not very interesting to see for me.

The best part was that I got to see my sister after almost 3 years. She lives in Holland, Rotterdam.

It was very, very, very nice to see my sister, talk to her, try to recuperate a part of the time we have been separated.

She said I have to see your weeding ring again because I still can’t believe you got married, that we will never came back home to leave together…by the way you said you will never get married!

Well the time wasn’t enough I guess it will never be but it was the best part of the trip for me.

It was all so different from Portugal and Romania, the houses are different, and the people are taller blonder…

When we arrived in Denmark it was already dark so we didn’t see much.

The couch surfer was kind enough to receive us into her house but it was the rudest person I ever met but we had a place to spend a couple of days until we could find an apartment for us…

No comments: